Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

July 1, or Canada Day, saw Edmonton grind to a halt for a day of sunshine, families and plenty of outdoor activities. Many choose to go camping, others get involved in community parades but there is nothing more quintessential for Canada Day then getting your friends together for a backyard BBQ. I had the house to myself for Canada Day so I invited friends Heather, Renee, Chantal and Mel over for some drinks, food and fun.




Mel likes to cook and yesterday he didn't disappoint! Cedar plank salmon, baked seasoned potatoes and some cheesy herb bread all seasoned with veggies and herbs from his garden made my poor coleslaw look sad but was an amazing meal.



We hung out in the backyard for most of the afternoon and when it got darker we wandered down to the river to watch the fireworks. It was an amazing day overall and made me so glad to be back on Canadian terra firma to celebrate the day amongst friends.





1 comment:

  1. Look at you, you gorgeous thing.... you look so happy! Oh the menu sounded divine. If only I was just down the road, I would have called the baby sitter and gate crashed! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete