Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Home - The Best Vacation Spot Ever

I never turn down an opportunity to spend time at my parent's place and I actually booked a week of vacation time to go back to Saskatchewan and spend time with my family. I apologize to my friends back at home, I didn't call because I actually wanted this vacation to be about my family. I'll get you all on the next trip!

Nothing seems more appealing to me then to wake up to the frosty winter wonderland at my parent's farm. We had a lot of foggy mornings that made for pretty hoar frost on the trees (and on my dog). Add to the experience watching the end of the Olympics with my parents and then learning my first scales on my grandfather's violin and it was a memorable week!





My visit wouldn't be complete though without an epic road trip to visit my sister in Saskatoon and then take her down to Saskatchewan's capital city, Regina, to visit our brother and his girlfriend. It was her birthday so we celebrated with some dress-up bowling and dancing at the club.




So maybe it wasn't the most restful of vacations but I had a fun week packed with a lot of family. I couldn't ask for anything better. With Easter coming I'm sure it will be a bit of a repeat!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea, such happy memories and such a gorgeous family. Hubby and I are just drooling over all the snow! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The views are so nice, I love traveling all over the world so much that is why I find travel agents that was having a phenomenal experience

    ReplyDelete