Friday, August 6, 2010

Bleriot Ferry Camping Trip

So after celebrating the roommate's birthday on the Friday, I groggily hopped in my car on the Saturday to drive 2 1/2 hours south to the city of Drumheller to meet up with my friends Paisley and Denise.

The weather was hot, sunny and gorgeous as we headed west outside of Drumheller to the Bleriot Ferry crossing over the Red Deer river. On the other side of the river was our destination: the Bleriot Ferry campground. I can't remember the last time I was on a ferry (probably when I was about 8 or so) but the novelty didn't wear off each time we crossed the river by ferry (Denise would've rather had a bridge built).





We scored the best campsite ever, nicely shaded, lots of space, right on the riverbanks with our own full complement of wildlife (rabbits, chipmunks and coyotes). Once we got set up our days were spent either sitting around the fire visiting or rolling around the countryside in Paisley's Jeep (way-to rock out on the cooler Denise!).





Camping on a long weekend still has to be one of my favourite past-times. What did you do for your weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment