Monday, August 13, 2012

Fourth annual Meatfest

Another gorgeous weekend in Alberta and another new camping destination for me. It was the fourth annual Meatfest gathering with my friends Mike and Angie and their family, and my friends Jody and Elaine and their family. We met at Marie Lake this year which is just a stone's throw away from Cold Lake, our usual Meatfest home.

This year was extra fun because we had baby Beck along for the fun. Even teething this little guy is the most good-natured baby I've ever seen. He was such a good boy and it was neat to see him exploring his surroundings.


Beck likes to drive the boat
Bubble time
We tried fishing and while there were lots of bites for some, not one of us ended up catching a fish big enough to keep. What a bummer! No matter - we still had fun swimming, going for walks, sitting around the campfire and playing games with the kids.



I always enjoy these camping get-aways to catch up with friends I don't get to see often. I am really looking forward to the fifth Meatfest installment next year - Hawaiian luau here we come! Thanks again Jody, Elaine, Mike and Angie for a fabulous weekend.


 Squirrel!!
 Sunrise through the trees, truly gorgeous
S'mores a new way - in a waffle cone!

No comments:

Post a Comment