Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hiking at Bluerock

We're enjoying a last-minute run of summer weather and I'm fortunate to be on vacation at the moment (well it's more like a stay-cation). I was down in Calgary for a few days catching up with some friends, former classmates and co-workers. As always I found most of my time being spent with my two former roomies Paisley and Denise.


On Sunday Paisley introduced me to a little known area back in Kananaskis Country called Bluerock. With the full fall colour and the warmer temperatures we were entranced with the landscape as we made our descent into the gorge that holds the Sheep Creek in Bluerock Park.

We enjoyed a 3-hour hike beside icy glacial waters, scrambling over rocks in rapids, stopping to enjoy the landscape, getting our feet wet, enjoying a lunch with beer in the sunshine, climbing up sheer cliffs, getting war wounds and screaming to the world when we'd gotten out of the gorge "We didn't die!" (yes folks at one point in time it was that close).





These ladies constantly keep me on my toes and I'm proud to say they are in my circle of close friends. I love the trouble we seem to get up to.



No comments:

Post a Comment