Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring

Well spring is trying it's hardest to establish itself at the moment. If the old adage "March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion" is true then we haven't seen the last of winter yet either.

The weather this weekend was particularly warm so on Sunday I drove out to Camrose to visit my friend Sarah. We went for a long walk along the trails around Camrose, stopped by her work at Augustana campus to see the new library and then we went for a drive.




This is the tiny community of Tillicum on the shores of Dried Meat Lake about a 10 minute drive from Camrose. Apparently the ice fishing was good this winter; Sarah and I have decided to give our fishing rods a work out this summer. I'm enthused for spring, for the birdsong and for all of the greenery brightening up. What I am most enjoying is the great weather to walk home from work in daily. Soon enough I'll be out rollerblading!

No comments:

Post a Comment