Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Deep breath

Whew! Somehow we're at September and already it's the first day back to classes for the students in the faculty I work for. My classes don't start until next week and I'm breathing a sigh of relief that I've had nearly a month break from master's studies.

I've been grinding my teeth in my sleep lately ~ to the point where I need to book an appointment with my dentist and get a mouth-guard so I can sleep relatively easily at night. Not a surprise when I think of my summer: non-stop work, studies and volunteering (a nearly full-time job in itself).

But just when I think I'm at the end of my tether and I'm going to snap from the lack of sleep or juggling a wild schedule I stop and take a breath and realize it's not so bad.

Today I got to reconnect with our returning and incoming students and it was refreshing. Their enthusiasm to be back was infectious and their support of me and my initiatives was heart-warming. I've squared my shoulders for more. I think I can handle it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment