Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Home sweet Saskatchewan home

The last couple of Labour Day long weekends I've been away for weddings or for camping trips but this year I decided to go home to Saskatchewan for the weekend. We decided to celebrate my father's 60th birthday while I was home (his actual birthday is Sept. 9th) and I'm so glad we were able to get the family together.

We celebrated with a corn roast in the backyard, toasting to dad's health and happiness. Thanks for letting us share your birthday with you!



The birthday boy himself
And while we celebrated with great weather, harvest was getting underway. Swathing, combining, and spraying fields ~ all the farmers around (us included) were busy out in the fields literally trying to 'make hay while the sun shines'.


 Our neighbour's hemp crop

Deer! 
This truly is my favourite time of year ~ I love the yeasty smell of the crops in the fields and the shine of the equipment lights in the fields late at night. No matter where I live or how often I move away, Saskatchewan keeps calling me home. Someday I want to be living back in the "Land of the Living Skies".




Ukrainian Orthodox church in Krydor SK

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea

    that is so lovely - all together and NOTHING beats family - ever.
    Some hate them but I love mine - as disjointed that we can be at times - but it is terrific that we all have a sense of belonging.

    Happy birthday Mr L - I hope you got spoiled and if I ever have the pleasure of visiting Canada one day and your lovely daughter - I hope I get to meet you.

    x

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so beautiful where you live Andrea. Happy Birthday to your Dad!
    A-M xx

    ReplyDelete