Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My very happy un-birthday

Well I celebrated a milestone yesterday ~ 35 years old. Sigh. A year ago if you asked me what I'd be doing for my 35th I would've told you that I was renting a hall, hiring a DJ and doing my birthday up in style. But as the date approached I just felt like doing absolutely nothing. I didn't really mention my birthday was coming up, I didn't plan anything elaborate to celebrate, I just kept it under wraps.

Thankfully I have fabulous family and friends that dragged me out of the house to celebrate in some fashion. Biggest thanks to my parents who drove from Saskatchewan to celebrate and my friend Courtney who came all the way from Calgary. Wow, just....wow. So amazing.

And huge thanks to my roomie Natalie who organized the friends and grabbed a table at the local. It was an amazing Tuesday for me and it really was one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time. Thank you all for your texts, tweets, phone calls and emails. I so appreciate you all.






3 comments:

  1. A very Happy Belated Birthday Andrea! May 2012 be your best year yet :)

    Erin & Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Andrea,

    I am not one of those dear friends who got in touch to wish you a happy birthday and I am very sorry. Please accept my belated wishes and I promise to do better... birthdays are special celebrations and I feel bad for missing yours.

    With love,

    Andra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lovely to see the pictures. It sounded like a wild day/night on twitter. So glad you were surrounded by those who love you. You are a spring chicken. My 45th is coming up next week. I don't feel 45, I feel 25. Times flies. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete