Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rocky Mountain Camping - Two Jack lakeside campsite

After the wedding was over there was still a long weekend to sit back and enjoy. I had taken the Tuesday following the holiday Monday off work with the plan to squeeze one more camping trip in before I conceded that fall was on it's way.

Sunday I grabbed what camping gear I didn't have from Will's garage and I headed west towards the Rocky Mountains and Banff, just an hour away from Calgary. My friend Amy (who was also a bridesmaid in Bonnie & Curtis's wedding) lives in Banff and had gone home early to snag us a lakeside campsite at Two Jack. Here is our humble little campsite for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.





We were steps from the lake, coloured that odd shade of blue thanks to the minerals in the rock and water. With the snowy mountains rising behind the lake and the forest it was the most breath-taking place I had the pleasure of camping by. Fall has hit the mountains earlier than elsewhere (you can see that snow has already started to fall on the peaks). Amy and I are pretty sure that at some point on Sunday night/Monday morning we were snowed on too ~ we were so cold in my little tent! Wool socks, toques and mittens were a staple when going to bed each night.



No comments:

Post a Comment