Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Olympic moment

Yes, I know, the Olympics are well past ~ I should move on. Realistically though I think Canadians will be basking in the Olympic glow for quite a long time yet (I know I still am). On Monday the Saville Sports Centre here in Edmonton held an Olympic celebration event, feteing the gold medal winning Kevin Martin curling rink.

My friend Felicia and I went to get as close to the gold medals as possible and also to catch up with third John Morris as he's now the most eligible bachelor in Canada. I'd say we got pretty close to ALL of the team members (as evidenced by the photos)! And can I just say, those gold medals are HEAVY.

Alternate Adam Enright and Coach Jules Owchar

Lead Ben Hebert

Second Marc Kennedy

Third John Morris

Skip Kevin Martin

Felicia and were impressed at the level of patience and professionalism these gentlemen demonstrated as they dealt with fan after enthusiastic fan. Each time we approached one of the team members they always had time to make small talk with us and pose for a photo. Really impressive guys! It was the closest I think I'll ever get to a gold medal again and for that one brief evening I felt like had been to Vancouver and back with the team.

Many thanks again gentlemen for the amazing curling season and for the fantastic celebration you put on the other night!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. We think that Cheryl Bernard sold us our bull at the Calgary Bull Sale. That's as close as we got to the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete