Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back to School

In 2007 I graduated from Mount Royal College with a Bachelor of Applied Communications degree in public relations. Since 2007 I have plied my trade for non-profits in Calgary, agencies in Australia and corporate/governmental in Edmonton.

Most days I feel like I have so much still to learn about public relations and the growing industry of communications. But for one moment this past Thursday I was invited back to Mount Royal University (as it's known now), to share with the International PR students my experiences as an English teacher in Taiwan and South Korea from 2000-2004.

Stepping foot back on campus for the first time in 3 years brought back a lot of warm and fuzzy memories and as much as things have remained the same, there is a lot of growth and change on campus as the college fills to fit the status of the university it has become.

Many thanks to Jim Wood for inviting me to speak to the 2010 senior class and for making me feel like I am still connected.









No comments:

Post a Comment