Sunday, July 25, 2010

Edmonton Fantastic #3 - Festival City

Edmonton has the well earned title of "Festival City" in the summertime. From Freewill Shakespeare in the Park, the Honda Edmonton Indy, Taste of Edmonton and Capital Ex to HeritageFest, the Edmonton Folk Music Festival and the Edmonton Fringe Festival, residents of Edmonton are spoiled for choice of activities all summer long. In fact, sometimes there's TOO much choice (I'm just saying....)!

This weekend I took in Freewill Shakespeare in the Park with my friend Sarah who happens to be on the board of directors. I studied Shakespeare for a semester in uni and I've seen his plays brought to life in many different ways and venues but watching Much Ado About Nothing in Hawrelak Park yesterday was probably my favourite. (Many thanks Sarah for the ticket and for the gorgeous afternoon of Shakespeare).





After the performance in the park I drove to Fort Saskatchewan to my friends Melanie and Gerald's for a BBQ with their friends Chris and Peter. On my drive north to Ft. Saskatchewan bad weather was building and by the time I arrived at Mel and Gerald's I was trapped in my car for about 15 minutes while it poured and hailed on me.





Once the weather cleared we were able to enjoy some great company, fantastic weather and tasty eats on on the back patio. This week I'll be heading down to Taste of Edmonton, so look for photos from that too.




1 comment:

  1. Great looking blog! If you have a chance please ccheck mine out! I'd appreciate it, i'm a noob!

    http://saskatoonconfidential.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete