Monday, July 5, 2010

Being Canadian - on Canada Day

Canada Day 2010 offered up an extra long weekend, thanks to furlough days at the University. With Thursday through Sunday off work I took the opportunity to go home to Saskatchewan to hang out with my family for the Canada Day long weekend.

The weather was gorgeous, the yard at my folks place beckoned and they were the perfect company all weekend long. We didn't get up to much but it still felt like it was quality time well spent on the farm. And what could be more quintessentially Canadian than watching some good old football. The Saskatchewan Roughriders kicked off the CFL season with a barn-burner of a game finally defeating their Grey Cup rivals the Montreal Alouettes. I thought my heart might stop a few times watching that game.





My digital camera finally died the weekend that I was in Medicine Hat ~ the poor thing didn't owe me anything; I had purchased it in 2004 from TechnoMart in Itaewon, South Korea. It had traveled the world with me chronicling my adventures and it was high time to update it with a new version. The camera I've replaced it with can do just about anything. As I experiment with my new toy you'll be getting video and photos from me.

Here are just a few photos of my long weekend at home. I hope everyone had a fantastic Canada Day.


2 comments:

  1. Awwwww....mom and dads yard looks amazing and Sassy is sooooo darn cute. Oh, you're pretty cute yourself;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day to you !
    Followed your link from wherever and really enjoyed visiting your blog space today.

    ReplyDelete