Monday, July 18, 2011

Busy, busy summer!

My apologies bloggy friends for not being very timely with my updates. It's not that I haven't been having adventures but I haven't had much time to upload my photos and actually write a post between work, studies and taking off for my next adventure.

Recently I was down in some familiar territory - at the Calgary Stampede with Paisley, Denise, Courtney, Jason and Sean (all the same faces from Stampede last year). The opening weekend is always my favourite; I love taking the Friday off work so I can be downtown to watch the entire Stampede Parade.

This year there was a lot of excitement as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Will and Kate) were in town for the festivities. All I saw of them was a speedy drive-by in a limousine where they waved to the adoring crowds. More than a little disappointed at a missed opportunity to see the royals I didn't let it get me down. I let the sounds of the passing square dancers and marching bands soothe my soul.

I didn't make it down to the grounds this year but I still managed to wear the cowboy boots and hat out on the town. I love the atmosphere in Calgary when the cowboys (rural and urban) come to town!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Lovely lady

    I wish I was there with you to celebrate - I really want to go one day and experience it all.

    Love the hats - looks like it is a must have accessory

    have a lovely day

    x
    Loulou

    ReplyDelete