Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Music, emotions and the land

I have said this before but when it comes to my life, there is always a song that corresponds to a memory or an emotion. My life has one gigantic, eclectic soundtrack that has been running through it and it has always been easy to remember the who, what, where and when just by simply recalling a song.

This past weekend I did the drive back to Saskatchewan to spend the Canada Day long weekend with friends and family. On the drive home I was enamoured with the endless clear blue sky, the rolling green hills, the smell of freshly mown grass and the promise that summer holds for me. With Florence + the Machine's "Dog Days are Over" blasting through my speakers it hit me how much I love where I'm from and how I can't wait to move back. Saskatchewan you have my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment