Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I remember...

what Remembrance Day is all about. I remember my grandparents who grew up in the middle of the two terrible wars. I remember how it felt to stand on the edge of the de-militarized zone that splits North and South Korea. Remembrance Day still reminds us all of how things were not always so easy. On the morning of November 11, the prairie sunrise reminded me of all the freedom we enjoy thanks to those who served and still do. Thank you to the brave men and women who serve our country.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Andrea

    I don't think anyone could have said all of that as well as you just did.
    You are a blessing to the english language and expression

    Have a wonderful day,

    loulou, from hereiamloulou blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lou Lou, you're too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely, beautiful post. I thought of you the other day, when I was down at Manly! I can't go to Manly without associating it with you and Will now. You left a little piece of you here in Brissie... and I am keeping it for you until you return. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh A-M, we must've been on the same wavelength because I was just thinking of that fated day that brought you, Will and I together. I am just amazed at how the time has flown but how we still remain in touch. Please keep that piece of me in Brissie alive...I will be back to claim it!

    XO, A.

    ReplyDelete