Monday, October 5, 2009

Aussie package has arrived!

Those who followed the travels of Will and I through Australia last year may recall that one day while we were in Manly, we ran into a family fishing off the breakwater. A quick conversation with A-M while her husband and sons fished, quickly turned into a chat about our respective blogs. We exchanged blog site addresses, parted ways and never saw each other again. Will and I have been following A-M's blog since that day through all of the trials and tribulations as she and her husband have built their dream home from the ground up (The House That A-M Built).

We've traded comments on each other's blogs throughout the last year and a half and I check her blog daily. About a month ago A-M ran a contest on her blog ~ those who wrote a comment on her blog for that day would get their name entered in a draw for some goodies from her store Armchair Trader. Wonder of wonders, her sons drew my name out of the barrel and I was pleasantly surprised to hear that these goodies were on their way to Canada.

I just wanted to let you know A-M that my package arrived today and it's nearly too beautiful to unwrap! Thank you again for the treats but also for sharing your blog with me and for continuing to follow mine now that I'm back in Canada. I can't wait to come and visit you in your beautiful new home someday! XX


3 comments:

  1. Oh you darling. Thank you for your lovely words. I so enjoy hearing from you each day, for your support in my house tribulations and I am so delighted that we can have this friendship despite only meeting each other in person for 20 minutes tops. Isn't this bloggy thing so wonderful. Now go and run a glorious bath and soak in those bubbles! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Andrea
    I was the other lucky winner of A-M's lovely giveaway. I have the 'twin' present with same gorgeous wrapping and agree.. so hard to open it looks so sweet. Congratulations on your win.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea
    I have known our AM for the last 20 years when we first worked together. She is one of those people who just changes your life forever. I have had the honour of being her friend (and bridesmaid) and she would bend over backwards for anyone to help out. I have also seen the house that AM built in all its glory and she has truely done a magnificent job. I do hope that you one day cross paths with her again as she is one in a million.
    Glad to have met you through her
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete