Monday, October 26, 2009

Vancouver vacation!

My friend Kelly has been bugging me for months to hop a plane and come to Vancouver to visit her. I finally called her bluff and booked a three-day weekend to visit her this past weekend. Kelly and I have a crazy past ~ we both used to teach English in South Korea. Met each other through a mutual friend that I was teaching with and all of a sudden one year-long contract turned into two for both of us and we ended up being neighbours in the heart of Seoul. We've had lots of great times together and I had been missing some of that fun.

Now I've seen Vancouver airport more times than I care to count it seems, but my actual "in Vancouver" time had been pretty limited until this weekend. In fact the last time I was in Vancouver, Will and I were doing a whirlwind tour by car ~ we took the scenic route all the way from Calgary to Vancouver which left us about 11 actual hours in the city. I was itching to see and do more.

Kelly and I had the weekend planned; Thursday night we'd stay in, Friday we would cross the border into the U.S. to the town of Port Roberts to spend some time with her sister, brother-in-law and kidlets, Saturday we'd sight-see and pub crawl around Vancouver and Sunday we'd see what our hangovers would permit us to do!

I have lots of pictures so I'll try and group things by day. I'll kick things off though with some pictures of Kelly's home in Kitsilano as well as some of the fall colour in her neighbourhood. It was the first time that I felt it was properly autumn somewhere ~ these colours are spectacular!




No comments:

Post a Comment