Saturday, May 29, 2010

Just another day in Saskatchewan

Last weekend when I was at home, I noticed that the countryside was abuzz with farmers out seeding and fertilizing like crazy, preparing for the big spring planting - if they weren't already finished.

What is captured here in my photos is something that happens quite frequently if you grow up on the farm - sometimes farmers get their tractors stuck in the field. My dad had to help our neighbour get his tractor out last weekend which caused a bit of a stir but it was successful (not like another neighbour a few years ago who got 4 different vehicles stuck in the field trying to pull out the original stuck tractor).





I couldn't resist adding this link to the Corb Lund band's "Truck Got Stuck". It's been a favourite for me for a few years! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM

1 comment:

  1. Oh how lovely spring has sprung up your way. It's getting chilly here now.. even for Brisbane. Thanks for cheering me up over my way. Glad the mag got to you in one piece! I'll take you up on that offer of dinner... you mark my words. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete