Sunday, October 3, 2010

Edmonton Fantastic #5 - corn maze!

Sunday I decided to literally get lost in the Edmonton corn maze located just south-west of the city. This year the maze partnered with the Edmonton Food Bank and had a design cut into the corn to represent the Food Bank's mascot ~ you can check it out here.


I thought "how difficult could a corn maze be"? ~ I soon realized how mistaken I really was. This corn maze provided skill testing questions to patrons to help them decide which direction they should choose. There were 10 questions and 10 checkpoints they had to reach to safely navigate the entire maze.



Getting lost was the name of the game and I succeeded at that many times (I found checkpoints 1, 2, 3 and then ended up at 8 somehow). I finally fell in with a group of friendly bikers and finished the rest of the maze in the proper order. It was a gorgeous day and yet another fun way to be a tourist in my own backyard!



No comments:

Post a Comment