Friday, October 29, 2010

Ugh....sick

I pride myself on never getting sick. Once a year I'll get the occasional cough or sniffle but usually it requires a trip to the pharmacy and rest and I'm right as rain. This time however I needed a trip to the doctor and I'm on amoxicillin to try and kick out the infection that has taken up residence in my tonsils.

I can't remember the last time I felt this sick but it was probably when I was an English teacher in Asia. The kids I taught were always sick and I had no resistance to their bugs.

No matter where I am when I'm sick my first phone call is always to my mom; she's an R.N. so she gives me good advice. But she also looks after me. When I went to university I would drive the hour and a half home so I could lay on her couch and she could fuss over me. I always recovered faster when I was at home (I swear by it!). I just wish she lived a little closer right now. Wish me luck on my recovery!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea, get well soon, you poor thing. Thank goodness you can call your Mum for comfort. That is always my biggest gripe "I'm sick and no-one is looking after me!" An RN in the family would come in very handy... even long distance... just for the sympathy! Take drugs and snuggle up. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have the best Mom and the fussing while from her when we're sick is definitely our cure. Love you hon and get better soon:)

    ReplyDelete