Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving weekend in Canada ~ it always comes much earlier than Thanksgiving for our neighbours to the south. It always signifies the end of harvest, celebrating a bounty of health, happiness and family.

There's something about the haze of grain dust in the air, the whirr of the fans on the grain bins, drying the damp grain deposited, the glare of the lights at night as farmers combine as long as they dare to get the crop off.

For the first time in the longest that I can remember my father and his family were actually done their harvest and could enjoy the weekend without working all night swathing, combining or running grain to the bins.

I had a fantastic long weekend with my family reflecting on all of the things I have to be thankful for. It's been a tumultuous year and reflecting back on the things that have happened I couldn't be happier. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones this long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment