Sunday, November 21, 2010

Another trip to the Grey Cup!!!

It came down to another big football game between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Calgary Stampeders for the Western Final in the CFL. We were in the same position last year when we won the game and I scrambled to find tickets with Mike, Ken and Brian to the 97th Grey Cup in Calgary.

Fast forward and this year we faced the same team in slightly different circumstances. Last year's game was played in Regina (can't beat a home-town crowd for the win). This year the game was in Calgary and it was a chilly one (the last report pegged the temperature at -27 out on the field). It didn't seem to matter as the Riders managed to hold on for a 20-16 win over the Stamps. I took in the game with friends Mike and Angie again, following near-to-same steps as last year when we watched the game together (what? I'm a wee bit superstitious).

I bought my tickets for the 98th Grey Cup back in June, with a premonition that my team would be playing the final. Not only are the playing the final, in my new home-town (yay Edmonton!) but we're matched yet again with the Montreal Alouettes whom we lost to last year (let's not discuss the 13th man debacle). I can't wait to see how Edmonton ramps it up this week/end and I really can't wait to cheer my team on for the win.....I can feel it deep down in my bones, this year we're going to win!!!!




2 comments:

  1. Hey you... remember me? I still check up on your blog every once in a while to see how you're doing. Congrats on your team making it to the Grey Cup! I bet you'll have a load of fun. Hope the current Rider team is a bit better at counting than last year's bunch... jking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kev! Long time no chat. How the heck are you? And better yet, where the heck are you? I'll be cheering extra loud for you this weekend!

    A.

    ReplyDelete