Tuesday, November 16, 2010

On the road again.......

I know, I know, it's been a while since I blogged. Quite frankly there hasn't been much worth blogging about (unless you want me to go on and on about my Roughriders).

Remembrance Day came and went last Thursday which meant we had a holiday and we had the extra bonus of a furlough day (day off) on Friday as well. I chose to hit the highway again, heading south towards Calgary with a stop-over in Red Deer first.

Red Deer is a city I've never explored mostly because it's halfway between Calgary and Edmonton. If I'm not stopping along the side of the highway for gas, snacks or a bathroom break I don't bother stopping at all. After spending a few days there I realized how lovely a city it really was. I spent an afternoon in the historic downtown district ~ love the beauty of it!





I spent the time with my friend Joscelyn and her family. Jos used to live in Nunavut and since she's moved down to Red Deer I haven't had a chance to visit her new home. Thanks to her and her family for welcoming me and showing me around town. Next stop.....Calgary!



No comments:

Post a Comment