Monday, May 21, 2012

And then it was over (MACT 2012)

We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later but this year it just seemed to happen sooner. After three weeks of intense highs, lows, laughter, tears, thought provoking conversations, a-ha moments and plenty of wine and beer, MACT spring institute ended.

Thank you Ann Curry and Kate Milberry for sharing your expertise, stories and advice on research and social networking - you made the three weeks so amazing. Thank you to each and every one of my classmates - you have made the experience so much fun along the way and I count you all as my family now.

Congratulations to all of the 2011 cohort as we take off for the summer and get re-energized to tackle our final projects in the fall. To cohort 2012 we wish you luck and I for one look forward to seeing you again next spring to discuss your research posters with you!

** Special thank you to Greg for the fabulous photos taken at Yellowhead Brewery on Friday.

My research and life for the next year
Anonymous MACT 2011
Cohort 2011 - miss you already!

4 comments:

  1. Cheers Andrea, well said. Many good friends and fond memories created

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2012 cohort had a great experience and wish we had more time to hang with the seniors. I wish I had known you were a foreign student before the celebration. I am fascinated by other cultures and would lives to have learned more about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Joan! What a nice closing post :)

    ReplyDelete