Thursday, August 27, 2009

Camrose invasion

I will admit I skipped entering a blog about my visit last weekend to Camrose only because my friend Sarah asked me to hold off. I think it's safe now to do so, so here goes....my exciting adventure in Camrose!

Last Sunday I drove the hour south-east'ish of Edmonton to go and have brunch with my friend Sarah in the community of Camrose where she is a librarian with the University of Alberta's satellite campus, Augustana. I have been intrigued to visit the community because my brother lived there for a year and Camrose is also home to the largest outdoor country concert every year, the Big Valley Jamboree.




Sarah showed me around Augustana Campus and even took me on a tour of her workplace - the library that is currently being dismantled to move into it's new facilities. This library is the coolest, creepiest place I've ever been in!





We hit Dairy Queen after for some Blizzard action and then went back to her place to chill before I hit the highway. It wasn't a big weekend out but I still got to see a different bit of Alberta. I'm so glad I've got Lydia now, I've really missed road-trips!


No comments:

Post a Comment