Friday, August 7, 2009

An evening with Tracy Chapman and Sarah McLachlan

Every summer Edmonton puts on one of the biggest Folk Festivals in Canada. The venue is held on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River valley which makes for the coolest natural amphitheatre around. My friend (and former PR classmate) Andra works for the local non-profit radio station, CKUA, and had tickets to see Tracy Chapman and Sarah McLachlan this past Wednesday. I jumped at the opportunity to go!

Here are a few pictures of me, Andra and Heather enjoying the sights, the amazing music and smells (if you've ever been to a folk music festival you'll know what I mean when I talk about the smells ;) of Edmonton at dusk. We were about 25 rows up from the stage and you can see the "sea" of people in front of us ~ but if we turned around and looked behind us there were just as many people behind us as well. It was awe inspiring!





2 comments:

  1. andrea, seriously! you totally had to brag about going to Tracy Chapman when I wanted to for so long!!! j-e-a-l-o-u-s! love, c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy rocked the hardest. Sara sucked. I think I sat right by judging my your pics they look just like mine.

    ReplyDelete