Friday, January 1, 2010

World Junior Hockey comes to town

Not wanting to break the sporting event streak I seem to be riding I couldn't resist checking out some of the action with the World Junior Hockey Championships currently taking place in Saskatoon.

I didn't actually make it to any of the games ~ those were sold out long ago, but my good friend Lloyd convinced me to come out to World Fest, the nightly cabaret. Lloyd works for Hockey Canada and has been living in Saskatoon pretty much for the last month preparing for this tournament (explains why he didn't make the PR Christmas party). Anyway we called up another PR classmate, Rachel, and went to check out Canadian music legends, Trooper, as they rocked the stage!

It was great to catch up with Rach, Lloyd and my friend Shyanne. I think the next big Lloyd event will be his annual birthday curling funspiel at the end of January (am I right?)!





No comments:

Post a Comment