Monday, June 1, 2009

Medicine Hat

This past weekend I rented a car and got the heck out of Edmonton. I went down to the southeast corner of Alberta to Medicine Hat to visit some old friends and co-workers. Bit of background again: about three years ago I lived in Medicine Hat for four months while I did a school work-term with the research and development arm of the Department of National Defence. I spent Monday to Friday on CFB Suffield which is literally out in the middle of nowhere.

Thank goodness there's a great crew that I got to live and work with, namely my supervisor Jenn and my roommate Laurel, both whom I count as close friends now. We did a potluck on Saturday night, drank some slushy drinks and had lots of giggles. I've included some photos of the gang, the home I lived in for my four months and just some of the general scenery around Medicine Hat. I loved my time there and I'd move back there in a heartbeat (Jenn, convince those superiors that you need an extra hand!!!!). Hope you enjoy the photos. 

From left to right: Michelle, Laurel (top) and Jenn
This was my room (the Princess Room I called it)
The house where I lived (it turns 100 next year!)

Just some of the coulees around the Hat
The teepee that Medicine Hat is famous for!

These motel signs are from a forgotten era!

1 comment:

  1. You should have told me - I would have made the bed!! LOL!
    Crazy YouTube vid...

    ReplyDelete