Thursday, June 18, 2009

Travesty of a football game

Last night my friend Sarah and I went to the pre-season football game between the Edmonton Eskimos and the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Sarah and I, both being Saskatchewan ex-pats, knew we might get heckled in our 'Rider gear, but were relieved and surprised to see so many others like us at Commonwealth Stadium. Families, people young and old, and yes, even a few 'melon heads' dotted the stands to let the 'Riders know they had a following in Edmonton.

Sarah and I were way up in the nose-bleed section of the stadium but the evening was gorgeous and the whole mood was mellow as we were soundly beat 45-12. I keep telling myself, "it's just pre-season, it doesn't mean anything" but I'm hoping for bigger and better things with this year's team. I've attached a few photos of us at the game. Tomorrow I'm off to Ontario for another wedding so check back next week for more photos!




1 comment: