Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ontario - wedding and visits

I feel like I haven't hardly had a chance to slow down the last few weeks. This past weekend was no exception. I took Friday off work and jetted off to Kitchener Ontario for my friend Angele's wedding. Angele and I have been friends for nearly 10 years after a trip to teach English in Taiwan brought the two of us together (as strangers) and made us into roommates. I would go anywhere in the world and do anything for this girl.

So I didn't really know anyone at this wedding except for the bride's family whom I hadn't seen in about three years. No worries there, they took me under their wing, looked after me and treated me just like family. It was so wonderful and I am thankful to have had such a great time with such a loving family. I've attached a few photos of the day of the wedding ~ it rained like mad all morning but the sun came out at just the right time!




The reception was a lot of fun ~ good food, good friends, good fun and lots of dancing. Angele and Ryan worked the room all night long making sure they said hi to everyone. They were still going when I finally went to the hotel at 1 a.m.





On Sunday (Father's Day) the groom's parents had brunch in their backyard around the pool. I had a quick chance to congratulate the bride and groom again, say goodbye to Angele's lovely family and then I was off to have a visit with Will's cousin Lela, her husband Richard and their daughter Annan. They live about a half-hour away from Kitchener in Stratford, ON so they drove in to spend Sunday afternoon with me and dropped me off at the airport. I hadn't seen them all since October of 2007 so needless to say Annan had grown a bit since our last meeting! We had a lovely afternoon and Annan has discovered a love for airplanes.




So many thanks to Angele, Ryan, their friends and family for looking after me for most of the weekend. And a big thank you to Rich, Lela and Annan for making my Sunday the best ever before the long trip home. I'll be planning my next trip out east so we can visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment