Monday, June 15, 2009

Two weddings and a football game

June has come far quicker then I could have anticipated. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was booking flights to Saskatchewan and Ontario for friends' weddings in June and all of a sudden I'm traveling to these weddings.

This past weekend my friends Mike and Angie got married at gorgeous Candle Lake. People pay thousands each year to get married at destination weddings in Mexico, Cuba or the Dominican Republic. I say Candle Lake creates the same effect at a fraction of the cost. Their ceremony was by the waterfront at Fisher Creek and it was short and sweet. Here are just a few photos of the ceremony.




After the ceremony, between cocktails and the reception I went back to my campsite, set up my tent and then went for a bit of a wander down to the beach at Sandy Bay. It was a gorgeous day, 30+ degrees, and no one was at the lake ~ it was like my own private beach! Camping up at Candle Lake brought back a lot of great memories. My parents would pack my brother, sister and I into the car, hitch up our tent trailer and take us up to Sandy Bay for a week of camping fun. Here are a few photos from my campsite and from the beach at Sandy Bay.




The reception was a lot of fun, mostly because it ended up being a mini high school reunion. Mike and I were part of a high school graduating class of 40 people whom we mostly had known since the days of pre-school and for the most part we all still stay in touch with. I got to catch up with Jody, Brian and Shaun as well as updated my "Class of '95" photos with everyone that I had graduated with.




So, one wedding down now, one more to go this coming weekend in Ontario. I'm currently preparing for that one while I'm recovering from the past one. Oh, and there's a football game in between there ~ the first pre-season matchup between the Edmonton Eskimos and the Saskatchewan Roughriders. There will be plenty of pictures and stories to come so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment